Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Dandelions!!



Kyan and I were playing outside yesterday and he discover his first dandelion. For some reason our apartment in Bothell never had any!. Anyway as he sat in amazement at the flower and the fact that I said it was ok he could pick it if he wanted it. I got to thinking why is it as a child dandelions are like gifts from heaven? No one gets mad when you pick them, they are bright, they are EVERYWHERE they make great gifts for mom (I mean what woman doesn't love flowers) and when they seed they make the best "make a wish and blow" thing since the birthday candle.

As an adult they are more the a disease a parasite really, something that must be rid from our life's at all costs. I find myself wondering how many a Dad have spent hours and hours getting rid of the each year.

As a teenager I often thought to myself how lame I was to give them to my mom for Mother's Day or just picking one and giving it to her just because I was thinking of her. But now as a mother myself I find them to be a wondrous gift form God. Because I know that my son is thinking of me and knows I love flowers every time he give it to me. He'll have the sweetest little smile and so will I=).

So today if you see a Dandelion remember them through a child's eyes and smile! Like most things as an adult we forget what the finner things in life really are!! Have a wonderful day!!

No comments: